Grandma Farris Cookies (Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip)
Makes roughly two dozen cookies
Ernie’s favorite cookies. In his mind, there is nothing better.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups of quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 2 eggs unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of milk
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
3) Mix together for three minutes
4) Add in other ingredients and mix
5) Bake for no more than 12 minutes. If you take them out 1 to 2 minutes early, they will be a little softer and will stay soft for several days. I tend to prefer them a little soft.