- 2 teaspoons olive oil $
- 2 cups vertically sliced sweet onion $
- 1/2 (24-ounce) package frozen prebaked gluten-free pizza crusts, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese $
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips $
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves $
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Top pizza crust with onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Layer pear and prosciutto over cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Place on middle rack of oven.
- Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Place arugula in a medium bowl just before serving. Drizzle vinegar over arugula; toss gently to coat. Top pizza with arugula mixture; cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.
Jackie Mills, Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook, Oxmoor House