Ditch the tomato sauce and give pizza a makeover by topping with chicken, fresh peach slices and Gorgonzola cheese. A drizzle of tangy balsamic reduction provides the perfect balance to the sweet summer fruit.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pizza wedges and 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic reduction)
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) prebaked thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium unpeeled peach, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil evenly over crust. Top evenly with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, Gorgonzola cheese, and peach slices. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 11 minutes or until crust browns.
- Place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 5 minutes). Drizzle balsamic reduction evenly over pizza. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Hannah Klinger, Cooking Light