Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 5 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, ¼ – ½ inch thick
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, cut in 3 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1½ cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ the juice of a lemon
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on a work surface and top with 1 slice each of prosciutto and provolone cheese. Divide the 3 inch pieces of scallions evenly between the 5 chicken breasts. Starting on one end of the chicken breasts, roll up into a snup bundle. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saute over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the chicken bundles to the pan seam side down. Cook the chicken for about 4 – 5 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom side. Remove chicken from pan and place in the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15 – 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in the same saute pan over medium high heat, add the butter. When it has melted and begins to sizzle, add the flour and whisk to combine. Add in the wine and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the stock, mustard, and lemon juice. Continue whisking until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Remove chicken from oven and place on a serving platter. Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with the sliced scallions.
Recipe by Amy Casey © amycaseycooks – 2013 http://www.amycaseycooks.com