Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes 10-12 bars
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup coconut oil (in the solid state)
- ½ cup organic brown sugar (or sucanat)
- 2½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs or Enjoy Life mini chips (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together rolled oats, shredded coconut, and flaxseed and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix together honey, coconut oil, and brown sugar and cook until bubbling, stirring often.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over top of oat mixture and mix everything together.
- Pour granola bar mixture into an ungreased, parchment lined 8×8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs or mini chips over top and press into bars with your hand.
- Let cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 10-12 long bars.