Prep time: 15 minutes Yield: 8 servings
- 4 medium – banana
- 8 wooden – Popsicle Sticks
- 1/2 cup – Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1/8 cup – Coconut, Flaked
- 1/8 cup – peanuts, dry-roasted, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon – Nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cup – Maple Syrup, pure
- Peel bananas and cut in half crosswise.
- Insert a wooden stick into the cut end of each banana half.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Finely chop peanuts.
- In a shallow dish mix cereal, coconut, peanuts, and nutmeg. (Cinnamon or apple pie spice can be substituted for nutmeg if desired.)
- Brush frozen bananas with syrup, then roll in cereal mixture to coat.
- Wrap each pop individually in plastic wrap, and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours more or until completely frozen.
Nutrition: Calories 215 kcal Protein 1 g Fat 1 g Carb 51 g Fiber 1 g Sugar 39 g