- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 16 cups chopped tomatoes Roma Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- In a slow cooker saute together the onion, garlic, green pepper, and vegetable oil. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, basil, parsley, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 hours on low heat. Stir frequently.
- Let sauce cool. Pour sauce into quart size freezer containers. Store in freezer.
- When ready to use sauce, stir in can of tomato paste.