Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 roast – beef roast
- 2 medium – bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium – onion
- 2 clove – garlic
- 1 cup – beef broth
- 2 teaspoon – salt
- 1 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon – Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup – water
- 1/8 cup – Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chopped – parsley, fresh
- 1 cup – brown rice, dry
- 2 cup – pineapple
- Slice beef 1/4 inch thick and place at the bottom of crockpot.
- Chop bell peppers and onion into large chunks and mince garlic; place on top of beef.
- Add broth, salt, pepper and Sriracha sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours or until beef is no longer pink.
- Keep crockpot on warm setting while sauce is prepared: In a small pot, mix water and corn starch. Whisk in 1 cup of liquid from crockpot and bring to a boil over medium. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Return sauce to crockpot and stir.
- About 30 minutes before beef is done, cook rice as directed on package. Place beef and veggies on a bed of rice, garnished with parsley if desired. Serve with pineapple on the side.