Serve with mustard, BBQ sauce, and/or ketchup, lettuce and tomato.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cup – broccoli, florets
- 8 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1/2 teaspoon – garlic powder
- 1/4 cup – Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 ounce – white beans, canned
- 1 medium – onion, red
- 2 clove – garlic
- 2 eggs or 3 egg whites
- 1 cup – bread crumbs, plain
- 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 4 medium – nectarine
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut broccoli into large florets. Toss in a bowl with 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Spread onto a large baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans. Toss onion and garlic into food processor and pulse until blended well. In a large bowl, mix beans, onions, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Shape into 6 patties.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons oil to a large skillet. Heat over medium until a small amount of water dances when dropped onto the skillet. Add patties one at a time and cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden. Add more oil as needed.
- Serve patties with roasted broccoli and sliced nectarines.
- 13 g