Next time make this, need to make it more “soupy.”
- 1 lb sweet sausage, thinly sliced or crumbled
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 can tomatoes with chili peppers
- 1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
In a large skillet brown sausage and onion, drain and allow to cool (totally optional, sausage will cook in the crock pot but there will be no excess oil if you don’t pre-brown it.)
Place sausage in a ziplock bag with other ingredients. Freeze. Thaw contents of bag and place in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips over rice.
Serves approx. 5-6 people
Recipe from Lyndsay