- 1 1/2 cup chopped – carrot
- 2 cup – flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup – coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1 teaspoon – baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1 teaspoon – cinnamon
- 3 large – egg
- 1/2 cup – grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 cup – coconut milk, full fat
- 3 tablespoon – honey
- 1 medium – carrots, yellow
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by cooking the carrots. Once soft, blend in a food processor until the consistency of baby food (or even use baby food!) Add carrots, and water where necessary to get it to blend and be smooth. You want 1 cup of carrot puree.
- Combine dry ingredients. Flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine carrot puree, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir till just moistened.
- Scoop into muffin tin, with muffin liners or by spraying a muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Chill a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge (at least a day)
- Open can upside down and pour out the liquid/milk. Keep the coconut cream and scoop out of can into a mixing bowl. Whisk until fluffy. Add 3 tablespoons honey and whisk until incorporated.
- When muffins are cooled, spread with coconut frosting.
- Grate yellow carrots, and sprinkle on top. Add blueberries for eyes, and a red carrot for the beak.