- 15 ounce – chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 15 ounce – pinto beans, canned
- 1/4 medium – onion, red
- 1 medium – tomato, red
- 1 medium – bell pepper, yellow
- 1/2 teaspoon – oregano, dried
- 1/8 cup – parsley, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon – basil, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon – sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup – grapeseed oil
- 1 medium – lemon
- 2 medium – carrot
- 2 stalk – celery
- 1/4 cup – ranch dressing, low fat
- 2 medium – banana
- Drain and rinse beans, then add to a mixing bowl.
- Chop onion and bell pepper. Remove seeds from tomato and dice; add veggies to beans.
- Season with oregano, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Add oil and juice of the lemon; toss to coat evenly.
- Cut carrots and celery into sticks; use ranch for dipping. Cut bananas in half.
- Serve immediately, or pack everything in a compartmentalized lunchbox for later.
Some kids do not like onions. This is ok! Simply leave them out.