- 1 1/2 cup – quinoa, uncooked
- 1 medium – onion
- 2 clove – garlic
- 2 cup – spinach
- 1/2 cup – almonds, sliced
- 1 medium – sweet potato
- 2 large – egg
- 1/4 cup – flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon – peanut butter, all-natural
- 1 teaspoon – vinegar, cider
- 1/2 cup – sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup – feta cheese crumbles
- 1/8 cup – parsley, fresh
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 medium – banana
- 1 cup – pineapple
- 4 cup – spinach
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside when done.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, spinach, and almonds. Peel and shred or grate the sweet potato.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, flour, peanut butter, and vinegar. Add the cooked quinoa, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, feta (4 ounces), chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined, then let the mixture chill in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and grease 2 baking sheets with olive oil (or spray with cooking spray).
- Wet your hands and form 1/3 cup quinoa mixture at a time into round, flat patties. Place onto prepared baking sheets and bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and crisp, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, chop banana and pineapple.
- Serve patties on top of beds of spinach with fruit salad on the side.
If quinoa mixture appears too dry, thoroughly whisk another egg and add it to the mixture.
Serving Size: 2-3 patties, 1 cup spinach, 1/4 banana, and 1/4 cup pineapple.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe from Super Healthy Kids