- 15 ounce – kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 tablespoon – Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stalk – green onion
- 1 large – egg white
- 1/4 cup – bread crumbs, seasoned
- 3 tablespoon – sesame seeds
- 4 regular – hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 medium – avocado
- 2 medium – carrot
- 1/4 cup – barbecue sauce
- 2 cup – strawberries
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Drain and rinse beans. Place into a food processor along with the Worcestershire sauce, onion, and egg white; process until smooth.
- Add bread crumbs and pulse until well-combined.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. With wet hands, shape bean mixture into 4-6 balls (depending on desired thickness of burgers), roll in sesame seeds to coat, then form into patties.
- Place patties on grill and cover. Grill 6-8 minutes per side until patties are lightly browned and seeds are toasted.
- Mash avocado and shred carrots. Toast buns if desired.
- Add some avocado, carrots, a bean patty, and barbecue sauce to each bun, forming sandwiches.
- Serve bean burgers with strawberries on the side.
Serving size: 1/4 cup bean mixture, 1 bun, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 carrot, 1/2 cup strawberries
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings