- 1 – cooking spray
- 1 pound – chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon – salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 teaspoon – chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon – cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon – oregano, dried
- 1 cup – brown rice, raw
- 1 medium – bell pepper, red
- 1 medium – bell pepper, orange
- 1/2 medium – onion, red
- 1 cup – corn, canned
- 1 tablespoon – lime juice
- 3 tablespoon – vinegar, white wine
- 2 cup – pineapple
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pound out chicken so that each piece is of similar thickness.
- Mix together salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, paprika, cumin and oregano. Rub this mixture over chicken, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts over and continue baking for 10-15 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside to cool, then slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions, and slice peppers and onion.
- Add veggies (including corn) to a large bowl, along with remaining olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar; toss together until mixed and well coated.
- Serve veggies and chicken over rice, with pineapple on the side.
For the kiddos, it may be best to serve the veggies on the side without the dressing. This way they can choose what they prefer and become familiar with them before adding extra flavor. The veggies could also be sautéed if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 serving
Recipe from Super Healthy Kids