- 1 pound – pizza dough, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup, pieces or slices – mushrooms, white
- 1/2 cup – spinach
- 1/2 medium – bell pepper, yellow
- 1/2 medium – bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup – colby-jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoon – butter, unsalted
- 1 clove – garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon – basil, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon – oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon – parsley, dried
- 2 tablespoon – Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup – pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll the pizza dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured cutting board. (You can make your own whole wheat pizza dough!)
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into 1 1/2 inch strips. Pile the chopped vegetables and shredded cheese onto half of each strip of dough. Fold the other half of dough over and pinch the edges to seal. Hold each of the edges and twist. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Brush half of the butter mixture onto the twists. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until twists are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, brush with the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with pizza sauce or marinara for dipping.
Recipe from Super Healthy Kids.